Join the Discussion

For those of you that have been long time members of the Walking Fish Cooperative, we would love to know your thoughts on the changes we have made over the past 5 years. This spring marks the 17th season of deliveries to Durham and we as excited as ever to be able to provide our members with quality, fresh local seafood from Carteret County!

4 Comments »

1. Victoria Thornton Said,

December 13, 2012 @ 6:01 pm

So this final Fall 2012 week was fabulous! Used the meuniere recipe which was outstanding, but what recipe isn’t when you start with fresh speckled trout? And those clams, as appetizers, dipped on drawn butter, they could have been the main course, with another dozen, and a bit more baguette dipped in clam broth – heavenly!

Thanks for another great season!

Victoria & William

2. Stevie B. Said,

February 8, 2013 @ 11:04 am

I am new to the Walking Fish and wanted to write about how thrilled we are with the first 2 deliveries.

Yesterday’s delivery of oysters and trigger fish were unbelievably good. The oysters were large and juicy. The trigger fish cooked up firm and flaky. With fish this fresh, simple cooking yields gormet results.

Thanks for bringing a little of the coast to us every other Thursday.

Steve

3. Karen Polk Said,

March 21, 2014 @ 8:39 am

Hi,I just signed up for a biweekly half share. I live in Raleigh, and would prefer to pick up on the Blue schedule if possible. Looking forward to trying this out! Thanks.

4. Barbara MacKesson Said,

March 24, 2014 @ 4:39 pm

After experiencing the pleasure of Walking Fish for the first time last fall, my husband and I are looking forward to our first spring season of fresh fish and seafood. We enjoy our old favorites – shrimp, clams, oysters – but are excited to discover new treats. Thank you for providing this wonderful eating adventure.

Leave a Comment